Sunday 11 May 2014

A member's impact statement

This was submitted by a member who's unit is pretty much right in the middle of all the worst of the noise. They know full well the sort of damage they would be inflicting on her; after all, the striking care staff, who publicly claim to love the people they care for oh, so much, know exactly where she lives and what sort of health issues she has to deal with.

The striking care staff have been just as bad as the AUPE paid picketers, anyhow.

To whom it concerns:
My name is E___ J___.  I have had Multiple Sclerosis (MS) for the past 25 years.  My ability to function is a fine balance between rest, eating and being independent as possible.  Before moving into to Artspace, I was living in an assisted living facility where I felt I was losing my ability to be as independent as possible. Since moving in Artspace, it is my HOME where I have maintained a much more self-sufficient lifestyle.  Despite the need to relay on others for most of my physical care needs, I am very involved in the community.

Because of the noise of the strikers outside the front of my home, I am not able to rest properly.  When I do not rest, I am unable to eat properly as my digestive system shows down to a crawl when I am overtired.  This affects my ability to function independently.  I have lost weight and muscle strength.  The all stems back to being unable to rest in the afternoon because of all the noise from the strikers in front of my home.

This is my home.  My life is being disrupted because my physical health has declined.  I just need peace and quiet to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment