Saturday 31 May 2014

AUPE bringing children to the picket line - incident report

I believe there is video of this incident, showing this child wearing a picketer's sign.  It will be posted when available.


May 31, 2014

At 5:30 p.m. the striking staff gathered at what we call the ‘pee patch’( I guess they don’t have that figured out )today. The striking staff were in their get ready for the replacement workers van. One of the strikers brought her son to the event and earlier had been encouraging him to chant along.

When this child was positioned on the edge of the parking lot, waiting for the security van, I believe this put the child in danger. They moved before I could get a video with the van and the child, so there are fine hairs to be split. He was playing with his bubbles, but could also hear the discussion about what to do when the van comes.

Please add this to my list of things I should not be seeing because of the striking staff. Using a child on a ‘strike’ ‘line.

Mortified.

Updated:  This video was taken on May 10, 2014.  A child walking the picket line can be seen at the 2:24 mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment