Tuesday 27 May 2014

Effects of the strike - intimidation

Here is an email from a member documentiong intimidation tactics used by one picketer in particular.

Private information removed. [added Oct. 8; note that date should read May, not March]

Subject: Documentation - March 27


___/___

Just another incident to report. As there weather is cooler, our baseball cap guy is back to wearing his red hat.

He positioned himself (as previously reported  I believe or that might have been in Kens speech) at the spot where people on DATS are dropped off.

I did not witness him harassing anyone but his presence (standing often with arms crossed) in this spot causes me great stress and I can feel the intimidation and not even be there!!

I know we are supposed to do the best with them anywhere, but I wanted again to share how this strike action is affecting my life.

[redacted]

Between 10:30 is and 11:00 today, March 27, 2014.

Again this is our home and our freedom to feel safe and have our day-to-day thing attended to are detrimental for our health and safety by the actions of the union workers picketing at our home.

For the documentation file. No further action needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment