Monday 2 June 2014

AUPE behaviour

Here is some discussion that has been shared with me, with personal information removed.



Subject: RE: Another part of bulling....yelling


Yes, ____, we are hearing a lot of stuff that we shouldn’t have to.

When the Police officer was here, he explained to us that they have the right to strike.  And even though we said the stuff about our right to privacy and peace in our own home, somehow or other the law is on their side.

The front side of the highrise gets so much more, the songs, chants and almost endless yelling.

They insult the guards, the pick on specific members (___) was kept from leaving at 5:45 this am for a fair amount of time. It was only ___ on site and he decided to pick on ___ rather than the replacement worker van.

The only advice we have been given is to brush it off with a “whatever” attitude because that is what bugs him the most. If you engage in a conversation he will be doing all the talking and none of the listening.

I’m glad you cc’ed this to ___ as documentation

If you have ear phones (ear plugs) put them to good use – listen to books, or music or whatever.

Many, many people want to fight back – but that is what he wants – because he is so good at it – and we will not win anything in the end in a confrontational manner.

We can try calling the police – but I am pretty sure they will not do anything.

The officer assigned to us is: Constable ___ ___. I don’t have a number for him. Call the main number ###-####. If you are hit, or something thrown at you – definitely immediately call them.

If you are going this route – be sure you have time, place, witnesses and the specific offence.

Try to get securities attention.

And do remember, that these low lifes will retaliate with whatever they can pull off from the horrible bag of tricks. It got in the newspaper that ___ was confrontational – they didn’t cover his personal experience, nor the right to have his home quiet or what independent living means to him! (and I am sure you would agree, ___ this has just been awful). It appears the media is highly influenced by the union.

[redacted]





Subject: RE: Another part of bulling....yelling



Hi _____

Is there anything that we can do about ____, the idiot in the ball cap, who keeps yelling around the building about SAIL Lockout? This is retarded and very annoying.

I was reading the paper on my balcony on Saturday afternoon and ____ was yelling at the members who live at the back: “We want our fair share”. Then on Sunday afternoon, I went outside at the front and the idiot took a picture of me. What for?? Then, he was walking up and down the sidewalk yelling: “All we want is a contact”. To me, this is verbal harassment, and something should be done.

The weather is finally very nice, and the members are outside, but we have to listen to this garbage every day. I sure hope that this verbal harassment doesn’t go on all summer.

I told my Dad about this situation. He said that he would call the cops if someone was doing this at his place. So, why can't we call the cops and tell them that ____ “the idiot” is disturbing the peace?

[redacted]


Subject: Another part of bulling....yelling


Yes, for the 04,05,06 and 07 units and the north side of the townhouses east of the parking lot, we get the worst of the town crier – their – D___ – ball cap guy, red toque guy.

We hear the lies, he is the one the loudest in the chanting. He yells that if we want peace and quiet, get back to the bargaining table.

He makes it his personal job to be as obnoxious as possible. And for us unfortunately he is good at it and he gets paid to do it.

I did happen to come across a girl reading the poem below.

For those who have kids, or even us adults who are tiring of hearing the yelling.

I haven’t found a good resource to share on coping with this kind of situation. We certainly are unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHmye-cp5c


Don’t Yell at Me

We adults are prone to yelling, at each other, on the phone, across the hall and at children. It just seems that we like noise (also demonstrated by the high decibel levels in our TV rooms; the cinema which more often than not has really bad acoustics; and the car where we blow the horn “just for the fun of it”).

Yelling at children is psychologically detrimental for them. This has been proven by various studies conducted across the globe. Yet we continue to yell at our children, at home, in schools and even in public places (in the presence of strangers).

I present below a poem, by Jack Prelutsky, that effectively communicates the state of mind of a child who is being yelled at:



Don’t yell at me !
Don’t yell at me !
I hate it when you do,
it makes me feel so miserable,
I want to run from you.
I simply cannot stand it
when you scream into my ear,
if I knew how to do it, I’d completely disappear.



Don’t yell at me !
Don’t yell at me !
I’ll crawl away and hide,
I’ll detonate to smithereens
or shrivel up inside.
Feel free to thumb your nose at me,
or wiggle all your toes at me,
or even ring a bell at me, but
please, please, please, pleeeease
DON’T YELL AT ME !

 http://artoflearning.in/blog/2009/08/03/dont-yell-at-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment