Wednesday 2 July 2014

Picketer's negative behaviour - not just for Artspace members

This video was taken by one of our care workers; she added:

I work for SAIL since 2010 but I was working privately for room ### since 2003 and also I am the private caregiver of ###. So I have been working at Artspace building for more than 10 years. When we had a voting for union last year, I was the only one who voted no but it did'nt help. And when we voted for strike I told them I am not going to participate with them because I respect these people who lives here. And that is the reason why there are so mad at me.

My coworker who are filipinos are always yelling at my.name with foul words in our language. They are so disrespctful.






This care worker also shared this:
  
When I contacted Aupe that I am cancelling my membership , they just told me that i can't because i am still a sail employee. So I just search on how to cancel being a union member,got the informations and faxed the signed form at head office and edmonton office.

Interesting to know that this is an option!

This next file she submitted shows what she has been greeted with as she tried to go to work. 




Her former co-workers were very quick to turn on her.


A number of members have made comments on the chanting and singing, which is not uncommon.  Aside from the disruption from the noise, it has been described as creepy, cult-like and drone-like.  Members have been shocked to see how people they had known for years would suddenly behave this way, with such dramative personality changes, once the strike started.  Many have commented that they feel our striking care staff have been manipulated and mislead into behaving this way.  While members fully support their right to strike, seeing and hearing them not only support the abusive behaviour of paid AUPE picketers, many have expressed a sense of betrayal, that they would take part in it as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment