Monday 22 September 2014

A message to Deb Arcand; Matthew 7:1

Imagine my horror and disbelief as I witnessed the harassment of an ARTSPACE Member (Not a SAIL User, nor Board Member).  I heard AUPE Picketer, Deb Arcand (as many have come to know her name) shouting out at one of my neighbor's/friends/fellow members "You are not a good Christian!"

How dare AUPE let religion be involved in this dispute and question someone's faith! It made me question, what was the reasoning for this?  I can only conclude Ms. Arcand is a hateful, bigoted, close- minded, damaged individual.

As a young man, I attended church regularly and even studied religions in University (not my major, mind you) and throughout my travels, having lived in several countries and seen my neighbor's of many different faiths, live side by side in peace, this comment made me so shocked I am still confused.

I ask you, Ms. Arcand; how did religion become involved in a labor dispute, and if you are calling someone, in your words "not a good Christian", are you assuming that you are?

My Lord, I believe, helped - not hurt - people. I have witnessed you torment vulnerable individuals verbally, seen you taunt others, while racist comments from your fellow picketers are being spewed. By saying to an individual "You are not a good Christian" are you validating that you are?

I cannot believe, in 2014, that an individual would use hate speech such as this, and am appalled!

I am uncertain of the faith of the member she was verbally abusing, as I do not judge, but know this member to be a very kind, intelligent, helpful human being.  The only behavior I've witnessed from Ms. Arcand is torment and verbal abuse on those she feels power over.  Over what?  Money?

Everyday the hypocrisy of AUPE gets more defined.  As a past union member I am thoroughly disgusted by this, as should the AUPE organization.

As other members have told me, many of the picketers and AUPE members are reading this blog and many Artspace members are contributing, so let me leave you with another quote from the Bible.
Matthew 7:1-5  
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. " 

And in the words Ms. Arcand so often uses; SHAME ON YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment