Wednesday 3 September 2014

Support From the Outside

Following is a comment received from a supporter not associated with Artspace, SAIL or AUPE.

I have recently done a lot of reading and watching videos that have been shown in regard to incidents on the picket line. The Union dispute aside, I find the actions of the picketers absolutely mortifying. I am not sure what kind of community support they expect to garner with such actions but I can tell you this, I would never want a single one of these people ever caring for a disabled family member. If they treat these people so terrible in public view it frightens me to think of how they would treat them behind closed doors. 

I am not sure what I can do as an uninvolved person, I wrote a letter to AUPE and to the mayer and sent a message to the AUPE via facebook advising how disgusted I am by their members' behaviour and the apparent "approval" from AUPE as to this behaviour.
If there is a petition to sign or some other such thing please let me know.
I have a niece with disabilities; who is lucky enough to be able to remain at home with her parents but I shudder to think of what it would be like for her if she was residing in this community and subjected to this kind of abuse. 

You have my FULL support!

No comments:

Post a Comment