Monday 13 October 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

While I believe we should be thankful everyday, Thanksgiving Day is a reminder to all of us that it is important to be thankful no matter what our circumstances. So, as I reflect on this day, I decided to share some of it with you.

Living here at Artspace has definitely been a challenge the last five months.  However, I am so thankful to live in such a wonderful community.  With such a variety of people of various ages, ethnicities, and abilities, it's like living in our own miniature version of the world.  And for the most part, we get along pretty well.

I'm thankful to live near the river valley.  Every season brings its own beauty and the scenery is ever-changing.

I'm thankful for the SAIL Homecare Program.  It allows for some with disabilities to live here independently in the Co-op. For some others, they provide just that little bit of help to make daily living easier.

I'm thankful for the Replacemenat Staff.  Without their dedication, some of the Members who rely on the assistance they provide would not be able to live here during the labour dispute.  I'm also thankful for their tenacity and determination.  It takes much more courage, character and self-respect to cross the picket line than to stand on the picket line.

I'm thankful for the SAIL Board which does a valiant job of running the homecare program--and all on a voluntary basis.

I'm also thankful for the Artspace Board--also volunteer run--which works just as hard running the Co-op business.

I'm thankful for this blog.  It provides an avenue by which I can voice my concerns and opinions about what's going on in my neighbourhood.

And, of course, I'm thankful for my family, friends and my relationship to God through Jesus Christ, my Saviour!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment